Tutorial for downloading electronic license by non-PRC resident legal representatives
1. According to the Regulation of Electronic License Administration (trial version), a market entity that apply and download electronic license (herein after referred to as E-license) for the first time after incorporation registration, apply and download again after modification registration, according to the type of the market entity, the E-license shall be applied and downloaded respectively by the legal representative of the company, the executive partner (or its representative) of the partnership, the investor of the individual proprietorship enterprise, the proprietor of the privately-owned business, the legal representative of the specialized farmers cooperative, the person in charge of the branch of correspondent enterprises (herein after referred to as the legal representative), as registered by the local administration of market regulation.
2. For legal representatives of foreign nationalities, from Hong Kong/Macao/Taiwan, the E-licenses may not be applied and downloaded through facial recognition on smartphones as PRC residents, the following approaches are provided for applying and downloading:
(1) The legal representative signs the Letter of Confirmation for downloading E-license, and completes authentication by visiting the registration authority, carrying the valid ID. Then the legal representative can scan the QR code to download the E-license on-site.
(2) The legal representative signs the Letter of Confirmation for downloading E-license, and authorizes others to submit this document to the registration authority. The registration authority sends the QR code for downloading E-license in the form of an E-mail to the designated E-mail address of the legal representative, then the legal representative can scan the code to download the E-license.
(3) The detailed instruction for scanning and downloading can be referred to in the Tutorial of Scanning and Downloading Electronic License.
3. For a market entity applying for incorporation, or modification of the legal representative, if the new legal representative is of foreign nationality, from Hong Kong/Macao/Taiwan, the Letter of Confirmation for downloading E-license can be submitted together with other application documents, there’s no need to apply separately. After the application of incorporation or modification is approved, the legal representative can download the E-license following the above-mentioned instructions.
For foreign-invested enterprises and their branches applying for incorporation via the Integrated Registration Service system（http://yct.sh.gov.cn）, if applicants choose to submit the printed application form generated automatically by the system, there’s no need to sign the Letter of Confirmation.